- This event has passed.
Youth Waterfowl Hunting Days
September 23, 2017 @ 6:10 am - September 24, 2017 @ 6:40 pm
On September 23 and 24, 2017, hunters 17 years of age and younger on those dates may hunt ducks, geese, mergansers, and coots within the Lake Champlain and Interior Vermont Zones according to the following provisions. Youths must be 15 years of age or younger to participate in the Connecticut River Zone.
• Each youth hunter must be properly licensed to hunt in Vermont and must be accompanied by an adult, 18 years of age or older, who is also properly licensed to hunt in Vermont.
• Adults may not hunt waterfowl or carry a firearm while accompanying youth engaged in hunting waterfowl.
• Youths ages 16 and 17 are required to be in possession of state and federal duck stamps.
• Ducks, geese, mergansers and coots may be taken by youth hunters on September 23 and 24 in accordance with the bag limit numbers and species restrictions listed on the BAG LIMIT CHART except the daily limit for Canada geese is 3.
• Shooting hours on September 23 shall be between 6:09 AM and 6:45 PM. Shooting hours on September 24 shall be between 6:10 AM and 6:43 PM.
Click here for 2017-2018 Syllabus of State and Federal Hunting Regulations for Migratory Birds in Vermont