70 Smith Street 
Barre, VT 05641

Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Snow Goose Spring Season OPENS, Lake Champlain and Interior Vermont Zones

February 26

In addition to a hunting license, a waterfowl hunter 16 or older must carry a current federal duck stamp and Vermont Migratory Waterfowl tag in order to hunt waterfowl in Vermont.  Federal stamps are sold at post offices, federal refuges, or online at www.fws.gov/birds/get-involved/duck-stamp/buy-duck-stamp.php.  State Migratory Waterfowl tags are available on Vermont Fish & Wildlife’s website (www.vtfishandwildlife.com) and from license agents.  The hunter must sign the federal duck stamp. Both Federal and State waterfowl stamps can be purchased at R&L Archery.

All migratory game bird (woodcock, ducks and geese) hunters must also be registered with the Harvest Information Program (H.I.P.) in each state they hunt. You can register on Vermont Fish & Wildlife’s website or call toll-free 1-877-306-7091. After providing some basic information, you will receive your annual H.I.P. registration number, which you then need to record on your hunting license.

The hunting season dates, bag limits and related regulations for all migratory birds are set annually within a framework established by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and in coordination with New York and New Hampshire.

Waterfowl season dates and bag limits are set in three zones: Lake Champlain, Interior Vermont, and Connecticut River. The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department sets the season dates and bag limits for the Connecticut River Zone.

A printable copy of migratory bird hunting regulations is available from the Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department website HERE.


February 26
Event Category:


Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department