MUZZLELOADER, BOW AND ARROW, ANTLERLESS Deer Hunting Seasons Open
2018 White-tailed Deer Hunting Seasons
- Archery: October 6-November 2 and December 1-9. Two-deer limit, only one of which may be a legal buck.
- Youth Deer Weekend: November 3-4. Limit one deer of either sex, no antler restriction
- November Rifle: November 10-25. One legal buck with at least one antler having two or more points.
- Muzzleloader: December 1-9. One legal buck unless you have an antlerless permit
- Antlerless permit: December 1-9. Available through lottery
Limits No more than three deer per year, only two may be legal bucks. Only one legal buck may be taken during each season. Although archery season is divided into an early and late portion, it is considered a single season. No antler restrictions apply for Youth Deer Weekend.
Legal Buck Definition A white-tailed deer is considered legal when it has at least one antler having two or more points, or projections of at least one inch from base to tip.
Click this link for Vermont_Hunting_Regulations